The Heart Failure Association believes that it is crucial to provide high-quality educational material to its members and to the international medical community in general. To this end, the HFA has decided to enrich its educational offer via a series of interactive, online courses to improve the implementation of the latest guidelines on diagnosis, treatment and management of HF.
THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
These courses feature various multimedia elements to enhance your learning experience, including expert interviews, animations and multiple choice questions. All courses have been developed with an improved outcomes-oriented approach and generate an integrated learner assessment as well as feedback overview. The e-modules can be accessed and taken at your convenience, offering you a useful educational resource at all times.
All interactive, e-learning modules will be submitted for accreditation for Continuing Medical Education (CME) by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC).
All learners who successfully complete the course will be eligible to receive 2 CME credits.
List of online courses
Wave 1 of e-courses
- Symptoms and quality of life in heart failure
- How to use beta-blockers in heart failure
- How to use diuretics in heart failure
- Co-morbidities in HF 2: anaemia & iron deficiency in heart failure
- Diagnosis in heart failure
- Co-morbidities in HF 1: Secondary prevention in heart failure
- How to use aldosterone antagonists in chronic heart failure
- Basic understanding of heart rate in heart failure
- How to use ACE inhibitors & ARBs in heart failure
- Indications for and use of CRT
- Acute heart failure
- Exercise Training in heart failure
Wave 2 of e-courses
- Use of natriuretic peptide biomarkers in the management of heart failure
- Echocardiography in heart failure patients
- When and how to apply MRI & CT in heart failure
- Indications for and use of an ICD
- Co-morbidities in HF 3: atrial fibrillation
- Co-morbidities in HF 4: Coronary artery disease
- Co-morbidities in HF 5: COPD and asthma
- Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction
- When to consider a left ventricular assist device and transplantation
- Travelling with heart failure
- Disease management programmes in heart failure / organization of care?
- Idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy
All courses will be available by December 2013.
The Waves of e-courses are funded by the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology. The courses do not host advertising of any sort.
All funding support has been provided with no conditions.
The following companies have contributed to the Wave 1 courses with (the support of) educational grants: Abbott Products Operations AG, Vifor Pharma
Committee Mission statement
The goal is to improve the implementation of the latest heart failure guidelines regarding diagnosis, treatment and management of patients. The format will be interactive e-learning courses that will be hosted on the HFA website and freely accessible for all HFA members as well as accredited for Continuing Medical Education (CME).
|Prof. G. Filippatos, FESC|
S von Haehling
|FESC (Berlin, DE)|
FESC (Wroclaw, PL)
NFESC (Gothenburg, SE)
FESC (Nancy, FR)
FESC (Graz, AT)
FESC (Wroclaw, PL)
FESC (Manchester, UK)
FESC (Norwich, UK)
FESC (Golnik, SI)