The European Society of Cardiology is a founding member of the Alliance for Biomedical Research in Europe (BioMed Alliance), together with the European CanCer Organisation (ECCO), the European Respiratory Society (ERS) and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD).
The BioMed Alliance aims at promoting the best interests and values of research across all medical disciplines in Europe, in those general areas where common interest is identified.
The objectives of the BioMed Alliance include to:
- facilitate and improve biomedical research in Europe
- develop a framework for better training and mobility of young researchers in Europe
- improve public understanding of medical science in Europe
Through its actions, the Alliance intends to:
- promote excellence in European biomedical research
- advocate for increased funding in favour of biomedical research
BioMed Alliance Executive Committee
Prof. Ulf Smith, President, representing EASD (2009 - 2012)
Prof. Karin Sipido, Vice President, representing ESC (2009 - 2012)
Prof. Julio Celis, Vice President, representing ECCO (2009 - 2012)
Prof. Laurent Nicod, Treasurer, representing ERS (2009 - 2012)