The European Society of Cardiology is engaged in a constant dialogue with health stakeholders in Europe, including EU and national policymakers, European advocacy groups as well as other professional medical associations undertaking European Affairs activities.
More specifically, the ESC European Affairs Committee works to take forward the European agenda on:
- Prevention: stimulating the development of national strategies to combat heart disease, while providing practical tools to act both at population and individual level.
- Research: improving the standards of cardiovascular research in Europe through the identification and promotion of unmet research needs and priorities.
- Regulatory affairs: establishing an open dialogue and exchange with European regulatory authorities on cardiovascular regulatory aspects.
- Registries: ensuring political support to the development of comparable CVD data in the European Union
- e-Health: favour the develoment of ICT tools and services for cardiovascular health
In this section you will find more details on the ESC advocacy activities.