What is the grant for ?
The purpose of these grants is to provide resources for the establishment of research links from young scientists from European institutions to hosting institutions in a foreign country within or outside Europe. Each grant will provide funds for one travel to an identified hosting institution and a minimum stay of 10 (ten) calendar days. Applications will be considered in two areas:
- to establish more permanent contacts, leading to a fellowship or a research affiliate position for the development of a research project in the area of basic cardiovascular sciences.
- to learn new skills that will be beneficial to the researcher in their future career, and which can be transferred back to the candidate’s organisation
A maximum of 5 (five) grants of 2,500 (two thousand five hundred) Euros each will be awarded in 2016 based on the quality of the application
- They will be distributed in one call per year
Successful candidates must use their funds within 9 (nine) months
Criteria for eligibility
Candidates should not be older than 35 (thirty-five) years at the time of the application deadline
Candidates must have activity in the area of cardiovascular sciences
Candidates must be members of any of the following:
Please read the disclaimer on Personal Data Privacy before applying.
Before completing the e-form, prepare your pdf application file as you will have to attach it to your e-form.
The pdf application file you will attach to your e-form should consist of a bio-sketch of:
- Your letter [maximum 2 (two) pages] of motivation including:
- your birth date
- your membership of any of the groups stated in "Criteria for eligibility"
- information on your activity in the area of cardiovascular sciences (300 words)
- details of your project (300 words)
- a statement on how you intend to use the award (300 words)
- a statement that, if you do not use the grant within 9 months, you will return it to the ESC.
A one-page CV with a publication list
A letter of support from the host institution stating that they are willing to host you and what they can offer during your visit
A letter of support from your current institution
A written commitment to provide a detailed report on the outcome of the initiative after the grant is received.
Applications deadline: 25 May 2016
For any queries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Data Privacy
The information collected is subject to a computerised process to record, evaluate and track your grant application. The recipients of the data are:
The staff in charge of processing Council grant applications and, where a grant is awarded, the staff in charge of paying the grant monies.
Persons to whom the request will be sent for review and evaluation.In accordance with the law N°78-17 of January 6, 1978, amended in 2004, relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, you have a right to access and rectify information concerning you, which you can exercise by contacting:
Data Privacy - Customer Services
European Society of Cardiology
2035 Route des Colles
06903 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS. FRANCE
You can also, for legitimate reasons, oppose the processing of data about you.