Watch the webinar recording
By the end of the webinar, you should be able to
- Understand how the S-ICD is implanted, and how the arrhythmia algorithm and the S-ICD signal discriminate arrhythmias to deliver appropriate therapy and avoid inappropriate therapy.
- Understand the morbidity benefits of subcutaneous ICD therapy
- Understand which pt population cannot benefit from subcutaneous ICD
- Appreciate effectiveness of the subcutaneous ICD to terminate ventricular arrhythmias
- Appreciate subcutaneous ICD performance in different patient populations and disease states
But also to know:
- How to identify & screen patients appropriately for the subcutaneous ICD
- How to implant the S-ICD
- How to avoid pitfalls that diminish it's proper function
- How to avoid complications
- How to manage inappropriate shocks
The EHRA Webinars are designed to help you improve your daily practice!
The format includes a case based presentation, online assessment and live discussions with the two key opinion leaders who will give you some useful tips for your daily clinical practice.
- ESC guidelines
- EHRA Key Reference Library
- Weiss R, Knight BP, Gold MR et al. Safety and efficacy of a totally subcutaneous implantable-cardioverter defibrillator. Circulation 2013, 27;128(9):944-53.
- Lambiase PD, Barr C, Theuns DA et al. Worldwide experience with a totally subcutaneous implantable defibrillator: early results from the EFFORTLESS S-ICD Registry. Eur Heart J 2014;35(25):1657-65.
- Kooiman KM, Knops RE, Olde NL, Wilde AA, de G, Jr. Inappropriate subcutaneous implantable cardioverter-defibrillator shocks due to T-wave oversensing can be prevented: implications for management. Heart Rhythm 2014 March;11(3):426-34.