Join Profs. Winfried März, Burkert Pieske, Marco Guazzi and Dr. Reijo Laaksonen
Needs assessment and expected educational outcome
To foster knowledge about novel biomarkers which have emerged as a scientifically relevant field – in addition to classical risk factors – in improving risk prediction and outcome of cardiovascular disease. The European Association of Preventive Cardiology (EAPC – the ‘risk factor association’) is dedicated to extending knowledge of cardiovascular risk factors and treatment options among medical professionals, political stakeholders, and the public. Therefore, the EAPC has proposed a series of online resources and webinars on biomarkers, an approach of personalised medicine that will certainly be crucial in reducing the burden of cardiovascular disease.
After watching this webinar, participants will understand:
- the wide spectrum of cardiovascular risk biomarkers;
- how to validate cardiovascular risk factor profiles in the healthy and diseased population;
- how to differentiate and weigh the role of classical, as well as novel risk factors;
- how to value methodological and clinical issues of biomarker assessment; and
- how to apply novel risk biomarkers in clinical practice.