After watching the webinar, participants will be able to:
- understand which recently published trials have an impact on their daily practice;
- use insights into new trials that have implications for current care for patients;
- recognise the key messages from the latest trials that we know are changing practice for nurses and allied professionals now and in the future; and
- implement changes in practice from the key messages in these studies.
This webinar will discuss the following trials:
- REDUCE-IT: cardiovascular risk reduction with icosapent ethyl for hypertriglyceridemia;
- TIPS-3: polypill with or without aspirin in persons without CVD;
- Ischaemia: initial invasive or conservative strategy for stable coronary disease;
- DAPA-HF: dapagliflozin in patients with heart failure and and reduced ejection fraction; and
- COMPASS: rivaroxaban with or without aspirin in stable cardiovascular disease.