Join Profs. Christian Mueller and Nicholas Mills, and Dr. Maria Rubini Gimenez.
Free for everyone.
A series of 12 concise and interactive online sessions on biomarkers, covering the full spectrum of the topic. Each talk will be followed by an editorial article published in the EHJ-ACVC on the topic.
After watching this webinar, participants will be able to:
- identify the most important benefits associated with rapid diagnostic algorithms, including more rapid rule-out or rule-in diagnoses, shorter waiting times, less anxiety/uncertainty for patients, shorter time to discharge from the ER, and reduction in ER costs;
- understand the development from complex, rather inefficient rule-out-only algorithms incorporating a formal score to simple, very efficient hs-cTn-only algorithms providing guidance for rapid rule-out and rule-in;
- know the concept of the ESC 0/1h- and ESC 0/2h-algorithms as the preferred and currently best validated rapid algorithms;
- understand that the cutoffs of the ESC 0/1h- and ESC 0/2h-algorithms are assay-specific and data-driven, derived and validated to meet predefined performance criteria – very high sensitivity and NPV, and high PPV; and
- appreciate the observe zone as an area in need of further improvements.