- Three ACVC Executive Board positions:
- Seven ACVC Board positions
Read more about the roles and responsibilities of the open positions.
The mandate is from ESC Acute CardioVascular Care 2024 congress to ESC Acute CardioVascular Care 2026 congress.
ACVC Bylaws: Bylaws have now replaced the ACVC constitution and were approved by the ESC Board on 25 August 2023. In accordance with these new bylaws, please note the following.
- Candidates for Board and Executive Board positions must:
- be an ACVC Silver Member having settled their membership dues one month ahead the call for application deadline (the application period closes on 20 November 2023). Join the ACVC or upgrade your membership;
- Originate (country of work) from an ESC member country
- Candidates for the position of Secretary/Treasurer must have served on a previous or current ACVC Board.
- Candidates for the position of President-Elect must be a Fellow of the ESC (FESC), currently serving or having served in the immediate previous ACVC Board or in the pre-previous ACVC Board. The elected candidate will automatically become President two years later.
Should you have any questions, please contact the ACVC office firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate selection process
Candidacies will be submitted to the ACVC Nominating Committee.
The ACVC 2022–2024 Nominating committee:
- Chair: ACVC Past President 2022-2024 – Christian Hassager (DK)
- Co-Chair: ACVC Previous Past President 2020-2022 – Susanna Price (UK)
- Members: Marc Claeys (BE), Christiaan Vrints (BE), Hector Bueno (ES)
Election key dates
- 6 October – 20 November 2023 (23:59 CET): Call for candidates
- December 2023: Selection of candidates by the ACVC Nominating Committee
- 14 January – 14 February 2024 (23:59 CET): Electronic voting will be managed by the ESC Team; a unique personal voting link will be sent by email to members eligible to vote
- March 2024: Results will be announced at the ACVC General Assembly taking place at ESC Acute CardioVascular Care 2024 congress
Who can vote?
Voting is restricted to ACVC Silver Members who joined before 14 December 2023.
Extract from the bylaws: Only ACVC Silver Members having settled their dues one month ahead of an election (i.e. when the voting platform opens) and who are still members on that date have voting rights.
Procedure for the election of the ACVC Board