The student should be able to:
- Estimate the risk of developing a CVD event and place the patient in the appropriate Dyslipidaemia Guideline risk category.
- Arising, advise on which preventive strategy to apply.
- Know the indications for initiating statin treatment.
- Integrate the management of dyslipidaemias within the broader framework of CVD prevention.
- Arising, discuss with the patient objectives and specific goals with regards to lipid and overall CVD risk management.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of total CVD risk.
- Is able to demonstrate competence in estimating total CVD risk, particularly in relation to lipid measurements.
- Shows understanding of the categories of CVD risk, particularly in relation to LDL cholesterol and other lipid measures.
- Can relate these to management decisions especially regarding dyslipidaemias and the use of statins.
- Can set appropriate lipid goals and develop a stepwise strategy to achieve these.
- Can discuss with the patient lifestyle changes that are necessary to reach the lipid goals.
- Can prescribe and monitor the use of lipid lowering drugs.
General cardiology webinars on-demand are now exclusively CME accredited for ESC Professional & Professional Plus Members.