After watching this webinar, participants will be able to:
- learn how to use a systematic approach when evaluating an ECG;
- learn how to calculate heart rate ;
- identify a normal heart rhythm ;
- gain knowledge on how to assess the P wave, PR interval, QRS complex, and ST wave; and
- identify abnormalities in the ECG.
Needs assessment and expected educational outcome
Many nurses and allied professionals (NAPs) have only been taught basic ECG interpretation during training. In order to understand one of the most important tools in cardiovascular care, it is essential that all NAPs learn a systematic approach to ECG interpretation.