The participant should learn about the cardiovascular risk of patients with type 2 diabetes as well as therapeutic strategies to reduce CV risk in these high-risk patients
- Can describe changes in CV risk and mortality risk of patients with type 2 diabetes over the last 2 decades
- Understands the mechanisms of common risk factors adverse effects on prognosis
- Understands the effect of glucose lowering on the risk for macro- and microvascular events
- Can put the recent data from CVOTs (like EMPA-REG OUTCOME, LEADER, and CANVAS) with different glucose lowering drugs into perspective
- Learn the approaches to lifestyle modification of the comorbid patients in order to achieve reduction of cardiovascular risk and diabetes complications rate
- Knows how to treat associated risk factors such as hypertension and dyslipidemia
General cardiology webinars on-demand are now exclusively CME accredited for ESC Professional & Professional Plus Members.