Maarten L. Simoons and Stephan Windecker
- PROS revascularization remains the gold standard
- CONS: drugs first!
- Understand the reasons for treatment of CAD: symptom reduction and prevention of untoward events (death, MI)
- Understand the importance of ischemia in patients with stable coronary artery disease
- Learn about the benefits and limitations of optimal medical treatment in patients with stable coronary artery disease.
- Appreciate what "optimal medical treatment" contains Understand the appropriate use of revascularization in patients with stable coronary artery disease
- Appreciate that patients with stable CAD will require lifelong optimal medical treatment and may benfit from revascularization once, or several times during their lifespan.
- Understand the principles to select the mode of revascularization, when appropriate