World Hypertension Day
Celebrated on 17 May, this year's theme promotes a healthy lifestyle through prevention of hypertension, stroke and cardiovascular disease.
The ESC Council on Hypertension supports the World Hypertension Day and is pleased to recommend a selection of resources on hypertension management.
Interview with the President of the World Hypertension League
Professor Gianfranco Parati, Chairperson-Elect of the ESC Council on Hypertension, interviews Professor Xin-Hua Zhang, President of the World Hypertension League, on the occasion of World Hypertension Day.
- Focus Issue on Arterial Hypertension and the 2021 ESC Guidelines on Cardiovascular Prevention European Journal of Preventive Cardiology
- Stage 1 hypertension, sex, and acute coronary syndromes during midlife: the Hordaland Health Study European Journal of Preventive Cardiology
- Sodium-containing acetaminophen and cardiovascular outcomes in individuals with and without hypertensionSodium-containing acetaminophen and cardiovascular outcomes in individuals with and without hypertensionEuropean Heart Journal
ESC Preventive Cardiology Congress 2022
- How to manage the hypertensive patient with frailty syndrome
- Essentials of sex and gender in cardiovascular disease prevention and management
ESC Congress 2021
e-Journal of Cardiology Practice: Special Series on Hypertension
On-demand webinars on hypertension management:
- Sex & Gender in Hypertension
- Hypertension management in the elderly and frail patient
- Sex differences in hypertension
- Blood pressure measurement at the time of COVID-19. The role of home blood pressure monitoring
- Diagnosis and management of hypertensive emergencies
The ESC Council on Hypertension
The Council on Hypertension informs the cardiology community on the various cardiovascular aspects of hypertension. It brings together all healthcare professionals actively involved or interested in the field of Hypertension and establishes relationships with other hypertension societies to develop valuable joint initiatives.
Membership is free. Join now