This two-day event aims to provide a deep insight into the long journey which brings pharmacological compounds from bench to bedside, i.e. from trial design for testing new drugs (generation and critical appraisal of evidence) to implementation of daily use of pharmacological treatments, of science and patient care.
More information coming soon.
The specific aim of the All About Clinical Trials course is to improve competency and confidence in:
- Designing and planning successful clinical trials;
- Evaluating and following the correct processes and regulatory procedures (GCP certificate included);
- Effectively analysing and interpreting trial data by highly interactive workshops.
The specific aim of the Pharmacotherapy in Older People course is to improve competence and confidence to deliver better, personalized therapy of older people, which in turn will have a positive impact on implementing use of services and pharmacotherapy and thus patient outcomes.
More information coming soon.
Registration will open mid-March.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
An application will be made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation of this event.
Become a member
This course is organised by the ESC Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy.
Not a member yet? Join today
Who should attend
EuroCVP 2020 is dedicated to an audience of healthcare professionals with clinical/research interest in any field of cardiovascular medicine, e.g. atrial fibrillation, heart failure, hypertension, peripheral vascular and cerebrovascular disease, prevention, general cardiology, coronary artery disease, dyslipidaemia, diabetes.
- More specifically, the All About Clinical Trials courses are aimed towards clinical cardiologists and clinical pharmacologists with experience in translational and clinical research in cardiovascular drug therapy. Students or confirmed physicians, who need to improve their knowledge and clinical skills in trial management and interpretation
- More specifically, the Pharmacotherapy in Older People courses are dedicated to physicians dealing with hospital admissions, ward and outpatient consultations
Feedback from previous courses
All About Clinical Trials
Since its launch in 2015, more than 350 participants have taken this course in clinical trials.
- 95% of participants would recommend the course to their peers
- 65% attend the course to learn about methodology for designing and running a clinical trial
- 54% attend the course to learn statistical approaches
“The course allowed me not only to gain a deeper insight into the complex process of organising clinical trials, but it also offered an opportunity to discuss specific methodological pitfalls and interpret the results in cooperation with professionals who represent the highest level of expertise in the field. I highly recommend the course both to experienced investigators and to young researchers, since apart from the conventional aspects of clinical trials methodology; it also presented a novel approach to run the research efficiently and successfully.” Aleksandra Gąsecka, Poland
Pharmacotherapy in Older People
The first course on Pharmacotherapy in Older People took place in October 2019 in London, with over 40 participants for the launch.
- Over 90% of participants found the course extremely useful and useful to their daily practice
- More than 80% rated the programme as 'excellent', with the speakers and topics as the most cited best aspects of the event
- 95% of participants declared that the event fulfilled their educational goals and expected learning outcomes