Complete your speaker profile
In order to give you more visibility, we suggest that you update your Speaker Profile, your information will be available in connection with your presentation(s).
Please access or re-access your Speaker Profile, as some mandatory consents have been added to allow us to display the information you shared.
Doing so now, you will save time onsite or at the time of online upload
You can do this at any time - update your Speaker Profile
Speaker Service Centre (SSC)
Speakers can come to the Speaker Service Centre to upload their presentation or review their previously uploaded version as well as for technical assistance from the dedicated team.
There are dedicated areas for Speakers uploading presentations with Question Slides for the Audience (no online upload possible) and for Session Briefings (when organised)
A faculty working area will allow you to relax, meet with colleagues and discuss your presentations. Desk & plugs are also available in the lounge if you need to finalise your presentation before uploading.
Upon arrival at the SSC, your badge will be scanned by the hostess.
Speaker Service Centre - Opening Hours
|Thursday 04 June 2020||10:00-19:30|
|Friday 05 June 2020||07:30-18:30|
|Saturday 06 June 2020||08:00-16:30|
Features for speakers
We remind you that if you have granted the ESC Copyrights on your presentation, as indicated above it will be referenced on ESC 365.
If you have not granted ESC Copyrights, you can change this by contacting us at email@example.com or do so at the speaker service centre by signing a copyright transfer statement.
Please refer to your agreement form for confirmation of the presentation title, date, time of presentation and specific instructions with regards to that session.
We recommend that you should use the EuroHeartCare congress 2020 Slide Template
- Must be available for the entire duration of the session
- Abstracts are not required for invited presentations
- The length of your talk should not exceed the time allocated and may include discussion time – Please review your assigned timing on your agreement form.
- Please take into consideration the Upload and Audiovisual guidelines below when preparing your presentation.
- Some special sessions require a session briefing - If you are involved in one of these sessions or a Mobile App Interactive session, you will receive specific instructions to prepare your presentation and be asked to attend a session briefing.
You can contact the scientific programme department - firstname.lastname@example.org - should you wish to consult with the session chairperson.
Special Sessions Instructions
In order to comply with some sessions with specific content and technology requirements – Session briefings will be organised for some special sessions.
The briefing room is located in Rehearsal Room in Speaker Service Centre.
This is the opportunity for chairpersons and discussants to familiarise themselves with the cases to be presented and coordinate the discussions which should ensue during the dedicated discussion time in the session. An email with instructions and schedule will be sent to the faculty involved in the session.
Special Session Instructions
If you are involved in a special format session, please make sure to consult the session instructions shown in your 'Agreement form' which details specific information for the session, additional information will be communicated by email.
Review your session instructions: Access your agreement form
If any doubt, please contact email@example.com
Mobile App Vote
Speakers invited to present in a voting interactive session are asked to include "Question Slides" in their presentation.
A demonstration video will be played at the start of the session.
As Speaker, before you ask your question to the audience, give sufficient warning to get the device out and start the vote.
Specific instructions How to insert a Question Slide
The session must contain a high level of interactivity with the audience and the material must be suitable for educational purposes.
Your presentation and question slide(s) must be uploaded and shown at the Speaker Service Centre (SSC) to be tagged with a "Vote" button.
- Limit the number of questions to 3 - Please keep in mind that it can take up to 3 minutes to "go through" a question
- In order to keep the voting process fast and simple, we recommend that you construct your voting questions according to the following principles:
- Keep the questions short and clear
- Provide no more than 5 possible answers
- Give the possible answers a letter from A to E
- For a “yes /no” question, use the format “A = yes, B= no”
- Prepare a dedicated slide with the question and multiple choice answers - You will be asked to click on this “Vote” button to launch the voting during the session.
- Before launching the voting, please give sufficient time to the audience to get their device out on the correct page - You should give them an indication " get ready to vote, open your App, click on “Interact Now” and select the session" and then show the question slide.
- To launch the voting, you need to click on the "Vote" button - on your speaker screen - The audience then has 20 seconds to cast a vote. New! you now have an option to stop voting earlier if you wish (in case of an easy YES/NO question you may need less time)
- After the question is asked, results of the vote will be shown on the screen - This is generated automatically by the system.
- You can choose to have a slide showing the solution and explanation, to be displayed after the results are shown
You can test the functionality during the session briefing at the Speaker Service Centre.
All presentations should be 16:9 formated and have a 1280 x 720 minimun resolution.
They will be displayed from a PC with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2016.
We advise you to use the official EuroHeartCare 2020 powerpoint template for your presentation – Download the Powerpoint template here.
In order to ensure an optimal delivery of your presentation, please stick to the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type .pptx - for optimal rendering please use the official slide set template
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
- Use standard Windows fonts only. Try to avoid the use of non-standard Windows fonts or language-specific fonts.
- Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG). Make sure that the inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Video: WMV, MP4 or AVI are the only acceptable video formats. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations must be saved as a .pptx files.
- Apple: Please give your filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you upload it.
Personal laptop computers cannot be connected to the projectors in lecture rooms & presentations cannot be loaded directly onto the computer in the lecture rooms. Presentations must be uploaded via our service (Online or at the Speaker Service Centre)
To the attention of MAC users
If your presentation is on a Mac computer, we recommend you ONLY provide a Windows compatible file and meet with the technician in the Speaker Service Centre to either make sure that your presentation will run properly on the PC’s or to anticipate a backup solution.
If you have technical questions regarding your presentation before the congress, you may contact the audiovisual service: contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Online Upload Service will be available and we recommend that you use this service to upload your presentation(s) in advance.
We also remind you to use a 16/9 slide format most preferably the EuroHeartCare 2020 Slide template
The Online Upload Service is fast and easy to use:
To upload your presentation sign in to your ESC Account on My ESC/My Agreements.
Once connected, you will see under the presentation title a link to upload.
- A step by step wizard will take you through the process
- You first are directed to your Speaker Profile to update your profile
- Option to upload a picture or to give your consents for use of the existing picture
- Option to provide or update Social Media information
- Then on to the Upload you Powerpoint
- On the next screen, you will be asked this year to select 3 Keywords ( from an available list of topics/keywords - or with the option to use free text if you do not find a suitable entry) - These are important to accurately index your presentation to be referenced on ESC 365 (if copyright granted)
- Please note that a Declaration Conflict of Interest Slide will be automatically inserted in your presentation, based on the related declaration you made on your agreement form. (you can edit /change this directly on your agreement form - Please note that the DOI info must be up to date for the time of presentation)
- For each presentation uploaded you will receive a confirmation email with the status of your upload
- To modify your upload, you can re-access the service and upload a corrected version, only the latest uploaded version will be kept
- Once uploaded, the presentations will be available in the lecture room for the session
- If you have uploaded online and wish to review your presentation, you can do so at the Speaker Service Centre
Presentations can be uploaded online until midnight (GMT+1) the night before the presentation is scheduled to take place. So even whilst at the congress, you can use this service.
Please note that some Special Session requiring prior slide coordination or technical assistance at upload (insert question) may not be open for ONLINE UPLOAD. You can upload presentations for which you see the Online Upload Link under Presentation Title, otherwise, it means you should go to the Speaker Service Center.
EuroHeartCare 2020 Slide template
We HIGHLY recommend that you use the EuroHeartCare 2020 slide template for your presentation. Link to upload available here.
ESC 365 and Social Media
It is important to remind the audience that the presentations given in the sessions will be available on ESC365 within few hours of the presentation.
ESC 365 has been recently upgraded with improved search functionality and features.
Please make sure to update your speaker profile to be featured with your presentation(s)
Be active on Twitter
Share the science and add your voice to the biggest CV conversation on Twitter!
- Use Congress #euroheartcare
- For tweets you deem pertinent for ESC to retweet, tag @escardio
- Tweet about the major breakthroughs/conclusions/highlights, and with the most relevant images from the speaker
- Avoid promotional posts ie 'session xyz starting now’ or content that does not give any scientific value ie 'Great talk from @abc…’ without adding her/his key messages, points etc
- Quote the speaker, or tag their Twitter profile
- Double check spelling and grammar
- If you have a concern/complain don’t use social media to raise it. Talk to a member a staff. We are always at your service
- Won’t have time to tweet? You can still retweet (RT)
- Apply same ethics & etiquette you would in any other context
Video / Audio / Photos
The recording of video or audio during any session of EuroHeartCare Congress is strictly prohibited.
It is the responsibility of each presenter or speaker to notify the audience of any restrictions on the photography of the content they are presenting.
Such an announcement must be made at the beginning of the presentation.
We advise you to consult the "Facilities & Service at the Congress" webpage for information on Congress Opening hours, Food & Beverages outlets, Policy on Childcare. Page to be updated soon.