You have been invited to be part of a Live Session during EuroHeartCare - ACNAP Congress 2021.
These Live Sessions are real-time sessions (faculty joining remotely) including direct interaction with the audience.
Upon acceptance of your Faculty role(s), you will receive detailed instructions on the organisation of your session including a detailed timed script.
You will also be sent a calendar invitation(s) with the dates and times linked to your session related preparatory meetings commitment(s)
List of session related commitments
- A Content Rehearsal - This preparatory meeting is crucial to discuss session content, clarifying the scope of each presentation as well as organising the follow-up discussions in the session.
The purpose of a Live Session is to capture the interaction between the experts in real-time. It also allows you to get more information on the script of the session (who speaks when and how long) and on the technical requirements for the Live Studio environment. Failure to attend may compromise overall flow/interaction between faculty members during the Live.
- The Live session – All Faculty MUST join the live session 1 hour prior to the live broadcast time. We will do a final test of the internet connection and other technical checks. Faculty are expected to participate for the duration of the session.
Please refer to the below instructions according to the role you are invited for
I am the Chairperson (Session Host)
As Chairperson you will be a timekeeper coordinating the flow of the session, in charge of the introduction and closing, liaison in between presentations, and during the discussion time.
- You do not need to prepare any slides for this role.
- It is your responsibility to declare any Conflict of Interest at the start of the session when you introduce yourself
- We advise you to print your script to allow you to follow and keep track of the session script throughout
- Live Component is key so please Talk to the faculty and address the audience as you would in a lecture room for in-person event. This will improve the dynamic of the session and avoid any dead-air time.
- At the beginning of the session, the technical team will give you Cue words – to let you know the exact moment when you will be Live on air.
- The script provided is also KEY to the Technical Team who will adapt the different camera frames accordingly. We may integrate some CUE Words to allow you to adapt (ie if you want to “call in the discussant” at a specific time, revert to the speaker … )
- Once it begins, you should welcome the audience, briefly introduce the content of the session, the discussant (if any) and engage the audience to participate via the Q&A functionality.
Then introduce the first speaker to start his/her presentation.
- As Host, you are the conductor of the session, in charge of the transitions between each presentation and keeping momentum and dynamism in the flow. (from discussions to next presentation)
- You are responsible for the discussion management. This discussion time takes place immediately after each presentation or at the end of the session - depending on what has been decided during your content rehearsal. You should drive this discussion time, coordinating the intervention of the discussants and speakers in a very casual and dynamic manner.
- If there is extra time available within a session (shorter presentations then expected, cancelled presentation), your role is to fill this time with extra discussion.
- A countdown will appear throughout the session indicating the remaining time available for each presentation/discussion time. In a Live setting, timekeeping is crucial and the host is responsible for closing the session in time, including any take-home message.
NB: Some sessions have two Hosts, should it be the case – you will have to coordinate amongst yourself in advance to split the responsibilities as you see fit.
I am the Incoming Question moderator
- You oversee the moderation of the Incoming questions from the audience during the session.
- You will receive all questions via a dedicated side app – you need to filter these and tag those you will want to raise to the speakers
- Please invite the audience to connect with you
- The technical details will be explained to you during a dedicated technical rehearsal. You will be required to access a moderator screen and to have at your disposal – in addition to the screen of the Live Studio - either an additional screen or an additional device. You will have the functionality to tag questions and delete those already asked/answered
I am a Speaker
- We are committed to giving the best and most dynamic exposure to your presentation. We invite you to consider these few simple tips and tricks: make your recorded presentation stand out.
- We HIGHLY recommend that you use the EuroHeartCare - ACNAP Congress 2021 slide template.
- Please refer to your agreement form for more information regarding the requirements for your presentation and the upload conditions.
- Presentation duration has been optimised for the digital environment. Your agreement form will specify your presentation duration, the number of slides recommended and upload service.
- Your presentation needs to be check prior to the Live Session, therefore, must be uploaded in our system 48H before the date of your Session – please check carefully your upload (make sure it includes your DOI) review spellings as changes are not possible the upload.
Audiovisual technical Guidelines for your Presentation
All presentations should be 16:9 formatted and have a 1280 x 720 minimum resolution.
They will be displayed from a PC with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2016.
We recommend that you use the EuroHeartCare - ACNAP Congress 2021 slide template for your presentation.
In order to ensure optimal delivery of your presentation, please stick to the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type .pptx - for optimal rendering please use the official slide set template
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
- Use standard Windows fonts only. Try to avoid the use of non-standard Windows fonts or language-specific fonts.
- Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG). Make sure that the inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Video: All videos must be embedded in your presentation. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations MUST be saved as .pptx files.
- Apple: Please give your filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you upload it
To the attention of MAC users -If your presentation is on a Mac computer, we recommend you ONLY provide a Windows-compatible file.
I am a Discussant
- You have been invited in the session as an expert on the topics and to discuss the content that will be presented. This session format has been specifically designed to allow time for the discussion and to present Live interaction between experts.
- You do not need to prepare any slides for this role.
- As discussant, it’s crucial that you attend the content rehearsal of your session to review the content to be presented and prepare in advance questions for the speakers.