Invited faculty must accept their role via the online service as indicated in the invitation email.
We thank you for your consideration of these guidelines and the requirements for special session formats.
Features for Chairpersons
Chairperson Interface - A dedicated computer is installed in the lecture room at the chairperson’s table to enhance visibility of the ongoing session and to assist in managing the session, as well as collecting evaluations and comments at the end. The hostess in the lecture room will be available to assist in testing the chairperson’s interface on the practice stage.
Chairpersons should ensure the smooth progress of the session, time management as well as encourage discussions and interactions between faculty members and the audience by allowing sufficient time for questions from the audience.
We recommend that all chairpersons liaise with speakers at their sessions as early as possible, preferably prior to the Congress.
- be available for the entire session;
- moderate the session and organise discussions;
- deliver concluding remarks;
- lead session briefings (if applicable, an invitation and instructions will be sent);
- can contact speakers involved in their sessions through faculty via the scientific programme department at email@example.com
- can consult abstract session results (when available) via their agreement forms (click on session title, then on "view" next to the abstract title) or via ESC365/Scientific Programme Online and the mobile app starting one week before Congress;
- view presentations in the lecture rooms prior to the sessions by using the chairperson’s interface; and
- Complete the evaluation at the end of the session on the Chairperson Interface
Discussant in a Session
Please refer to your agreement for confirmation of presentation title, date, time of session and specific instructions. Discussants must:
- be available for the entire session;
- sit on stage next to the chairpersons;
- intervene in discussions to challenge presenters and stimulate audience discussion; and
- attend session briefings (if applicable, an invitation and instructions will be sent).
Special Session Instructions
Briefings will be organised for some special sessions to comply with specific content and technology requirements, i.e. mobile app voting functionality.
This is the opportunity for chairpersons and discussants to familiarise themselves with cases to be presented and to coordinate pending session discussions. Emails with instructions and schedules will be sent to faculty involved in these sessions.
Special Format Sessions
If involved in special format sessions, please make sure to consult specific session instructions in your agreements. Additional information will be communicated by email.
If in doubt, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile App Voting
If your session features voting functionality, faculty will include questions to the audience in their presentations or specific questions to the audience will be launched by chairpersons or mobile app moderators using hotlines.
Audiences will be instructed on how to use the voting apps during presentations prior to the sessions. Chairpersons should encourage audience members to participate in the votes and can participate themselves via their own mobile devices.
Speaker Service Centre
Faculty lounges are available to relax, meet with colleagues and discuss presentations. Desks and plugs allow for presentations to be finalised before uploading.
Upon arrival at SSCs, badges will be scanned by hostesses.
Speaker Service Centre - Opening Hours
|Thursday, 04 June 2020||10:00-19:30|
|Friday, 05 June 2020||07:30-18:30|
|Saturday, 06 June 2020||08:00-16:30|
ESC 365 and Social Media
Update your Profile
For more visibility, we propose that you update your Profile, your information will be available in connection with your presentation(s).
Please note that when you access or re-access your profile, some mandatory consents have been added to allow us to display information you share.
Updating your profile now will save time onsite or at the time of online upload
You can do this at any time - update your Profile
It is important to remind the audience that the presentations given in the sessions will be available on ESC 365 within two hours of the session.
ESC 365 has been recently upgraded with an improved search functionality and features.
Be active on Twitter
Share the science and add your voice to the biggest CV conversations on Twitter!
- Use #euroheartcare
- For tweets you deem pertinent for ESC to retweet, tag @escardio
- Tweet about major breakthroughs/conclusions/highlights, using the most relevant images from the speaker
- Avoid promotional posts, i.e. 'session xyz starting now’ or content that does not give any scientific value, i.e. 'Great talk from @abc…’ without adding her/his key messages, points etc
- Quote the speakers, or tag their Twitter profiles
- Double-check spelling and grammar
- If you have a concern/complaint don’t use social media to raise it. Talk to a staff member. We are always at your service
- Don’t have time to tweet? You can still retweet (RT) @escardio, @ESC_Journals or your network’s tweets. Stay engaged and comment on their tweets with your view, or RT with comments (quote)
- Apply the same ethics and etiquette you would in any other context
Video / Audio / Photos
The recording of video or audio during any session of ESC Congress is strictly prohibited.
It is the responsibility of each presenter/speaker to notify the audience if there are restrictions on taking photos during the presentation. Such an announcement must be made at the beginning of the presentation.