Uploading your presentation
The Online Upload Service will be available and we advise you to use this service to upload your presentation(s) in advance.
We also remind you to use a 16/9 slide format.
We advise you to use the ESC Asia with APSC & AFC Template
The Online Upload Service is fast and easy to use:
To upload your presentation sign in to your ESC Account on My ESC/My Agreements (same log in as used to confirm your presentation) - Access your Agreement form
Once connected, you will see under the presentation title a link to upload.
- A step by step wizard will take you through the process
- You are first directed to your Speaker Profile to update your profile
- Option to upload a picture or to give your consents for use of the existing picture
- Option to provide or update Social Media information
- Then to the Upload of your Powerpoint
- On the next screen, you will be asked to select three keywords ( from an available list of topics/keywords - or with the option to use free text on the third one if you do not find a suitable entry) - These are important to accurately index your presentation to be referenced on ESC 365 (if copyright granted)
- Please note that a Declaration Conflict of Interest (DOI) slide will be automatically inserted in your presentation, based on the related declaration you made on your agreement form. You can edit /change this directly on your agreement form. Please note that the DOI info must be up to date for the time of presentation
- For each presentation uploaded you will receive a confirmation email with the status of your upload
- To modify your upload, you can re-access the service and upload a corrected version, only the latest uploaded version will be kept
- Once uploaded, the presentations will be available in the lecture room for the session
- If you have uploaded online and wish to review your presentation, you can do so at the Speaker Service Centre
Presentations can be uploaded online until midnight the night before the presentation is scheduled to take place. So even whilst at the congress, you can use this service.
Please note that some Special Sessions requiring prior slide coordination or technical assistance at upload (insert question) may not be open for ONLINE UPLOAD. You can upload presentations for which you see the Online Upload Link under Presentation Title, otherwise, it means you should go to the Speaker Service Center.
Speaker Service Centre
Upload at the Speaker Service Centre
You can also upload your presentation at the Speakers Service Centre (SSC) a minimum three hours before the session starts or the day before if the session is at 9:00.
For all presentations, please bring them on a USB Stick to the SSC.
There are dedicated areas for Speakers uploading presentations with Question Slides for the Audience (no online upload possible) and for Session Briefings (when organised)
Upon arrival at the SSC, your badge will be scanned by the hostess and a picture will be taken for display on the session information screen.
Speaker Service Centre (SSC) Opening Hours
- Friday 8 November - 12:00 - 17:45
- Saturday 9 November - 08:00 - 18:30
- Sunday 10 November - 08:00 - 12:30
Complete your speaker Profile
In order to give you more visibility, we propose that you update your Speaker Profile, your information will be available in connection with your presentation(s).
Please access or re-access your Speaker Profile, as some mandatory consents have been added to allow us to display the information you shared.
Please refer to your agreement form for confirmation of the presentation title, date and time of presentation.
- Must be available for the entire duration of the session
- The length of your talk should not exceed the time allocated and may include discussion time - Please review your assigned timing on your agreement form.
- Please take into consideration the Upload and Audiovisual guidelines available below when preparing your presentation.
- Specific Instructions and materials have been sent to Speakers involved in Guidelines & Highlight from ESC Congress 2019 sessions
- We invite all speakers to liaise in advance with the chairpersons of the sessions if they need specific information
We advise you to use the ESC Asia with APSC & AFC Template
Please contact email@example.com if you have not received the necessary materials or need further assistance
All presentations should be 16:9 formatted and have a 1280 x 720 minimum resolution.
They will be displayed from a PC with Windows and PowerPoint 2016.
In order to ensure an optimal delivery of your presentation, please stick to the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
We kindly ask you to use the official powerpoint template for your presentation
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type .pptx
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
- Use standard Windows fonts only. Try to avoid use of non-standard Windows fonts or language specific fonts.
- Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG).
- Images: Make sure that inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Video: WMV, MP4 or AVI are the only acceptable video formats. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations MUST be saved as a .pptx files.
- Apple: Please give your filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you upload it
Personal laptop computers cannot be connected to the projectors in lecture rooms & presentations cannot be loaded directly onto the computer in the lecture rooms. Presentations must be uploaded via our service (Online or at the Speaker Service Centre)
To the attention of MAC users - If your presentation is on a Mac computer, we recommend you ONLY provide a Windows-compatible file and meet with the technician in the Speaker Service Centre to either make sure that your presentation will run properly on the PC’s or to anticipate a backup solution.
We remind you that all presentations given at ESC Asia with APSC and AFC will be recorded and available on ESC365 (slides & VOD) * when copyrights transferred to the ESC
Special Session Instructions and Timing of your Presentation
Review your session instructions: Access your Agreement form
If any doubt, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are involved in a special format session, please make sure to consult the session instructions shown in your 'Agreement form' which details specific information for the session, additional information will be communicated by email
Presentation timing is indicated on your agreement form. Please ensure your presentation is made to comply with the assigned presentation time.
Declaration of Interest
The existence of potential conflicts of interest does not necessarily indicate a bias.
However, it is our ethical obligation to inform organisers and participants so that they are made aware of any relationship that might cause unintentional bias.
A potential conflict of interest may arise from various relationships, past or present, such as employment, consultancy, investments and stock ownership, funding for research, family relationship etc.
The Scientific Programme Committee requests all persons to declare possible interest:
Speakers are requested to declare interest regarding their current presentation on their first slide which must be shown on the screen long enough for the audience to consider the information. Please make sure to have this information on your first slide.
This will allow the audience to take potential conflicts of interest into account when assessing the objectivity of the presentation.
We remind you that all presentations given and panel discussion in sessions at ESC Asia with APSC and AFC will be available on ESC365 (slides and videos) * when copyrights transferred to the ESC