A Presentation for the Digital Congress
We are committed to showcasing your presentation in the best possible light.
To that end, there are a few simple tips and tricks we can suggest to make your recorded presentation stand out.
We HIGHLY recommend that you use the ESC Acute CardioVascular Care 2021 slide template.
Please refer to your agreement form for the DIGITAL FORMAT of your presentation and the upload conditions.
Presentation duration have been reduced to accommodate the digital format. Your agreement form will specify your presentation duration, number of slides recommended and upload service.
Your presentation will be embedded into the ESC Acute CardioVascular Care 2021 frame therefore must be uploaded in our system 48H before the date of your recording. After that deadline, the uploading system will be shut down and we will not be able to include your contribution in the programme.
Speakers invited to pre-record an online session will be contacted by a member of the team with the schedule and specific instructions.
All presentations should be 16:9 formatted and have a 1280 x 720 minimum resolution.
They will be displayed from a PC with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2016.
We recommend that you use the ESC Acute CardioVascular Care 2021 slide template for your presentation.
In order to ensure optimal delivery of your presentation, please stick to the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
- Your presentation must be prepared in PowerPoint version: type .pptx - for optimal rendering please use the official slide set template
- Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
- Use standard Windows fonts only. Try to avoid the use of non-standard Windows fonts or language-specific fonts.
- Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG). Make sure that the inserted images have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
- Video: All videos must be embedded in your presentation. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint, presentations MUST be saved as .pptx files.
- Apple: Please give your filename an extension “pptx” (Preferred version: PowerPoint 2016).
- Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you upload it
To the attention of MAC users
If your presentation is on a Mac computer, we recommend you ONLY provide a Windows-compatible file.
Declaration of interest
The existence of potential conflicts of interest does not necessarily indicate a bias. However, it is our ethical obligation to inform participants so that they are made aware of any relationship that might cause unintentional bias.
A potential conflict of interest may arise from various relationships, past or present, such as employment, consultancy, investments and stock ownership, funding for research, family relationship etc. This will allow the audience to take potential conflicts of interest into account when assessing the objectivity of the presentation.
When accepting the role(s) via the agreement form, Speakers/ Chairpersons/ Discussant / Presenter have declared possible conflict of interest.
At the congress, Speaker must declare possible conflict of interest regarding their current presentation on their first slide and Chairpersons/Discussants/Judges must declare possible conflict of interest regarding the topics of the presentations orally at the beginning of the session.
Presentations given at the Congress will be featured on ESC365 if the speakers have granted the ESC the rights to use the presentation for educational purposes.
Please refer to the Online Agreement Form for the copyrights terms. (for Web only)
Your Speaker Profile and Social Media
Complete your Speaker Profile
In order to give you more visibility, we propose that you update your Speaker Profile. Your information will be available in connection with your presentation(s).
Please access or re-access your Speaker Profile, as some mandatory consents have been added to allow us to display the information you shared.
Doing so now, you will save time on-site or at the time of online upload
You can do this at any time - update your Speaker Profile
Be active on Twitter
Share the science and add your voice to the biggest CV conversation on Twitter!
- Use Congress #ACVC2021
- For tweets you deem pertinent for ESC to retweet, tag @escardio
- Tweet about the major breakthroughs/conclusions/highlights, and with the most relevant images from the speaker
- Avoid promotional posts ie 'session xyz starting now’ or content that does not give any scientific value ie 'Great talk from @abc…’ without adding her/his key messages, points etc
- Quote the speaker, or tag their Twitter profile
- Double check spelling and grammar
- If you have a concern/complain don’t use social media to raise it. Talk to a member a staff. We are always at your service
- Won’t have time to tweet? You can still retweet (RT)
- Apply same ethics & etiquette you would in any other context