You have a great case that you want to share?
Submit it to get a chance to present it during ESC Congress 2021 - The Digital Experience.
The Call for Clinical Cases is now open.
You will be redirected to the dedicated online submission platform.
The submission deadline is Thursday 8 April 2021, 12:00 noon CET.
Don't wait until the last minute and start preparing your submission now.
Prepare your submission
Your Clinical Case must be Clear, Educational, Practical and REAL.
The purpose of a clinical case presentation is to communicate diagnostic reasoning in the light of the current ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines providing a clear description of the patient’s condition and further management options based on these guidelines.
Your case needs to be educational and not necessarily rare or unusual.
- The Clinical Case Submission Terms and Conditions
- The Clinical Case Submission Guidelines
- The Clinical Case Submission Topic List
16 February 2021: Opening of the Call for Clinical Cases
8 April 2021: Deadline to submit your clinical case
Early June: Clinical Case results announcement (an email will be sent to each submitter). Opening of the upload platform.
30 June: Early fee registration deadline – All case presenters must register for the congress
30 July: Deadline to upload presentations. Failure to upload by the deadline and register for the Congress will lead to the withdrawal of the clinical case from the scientific programme and all related publications.
Clinical Case Programme
Clinical Case Award Session
ONLY Available for Presenters under 40 years at the time of presentation, ie born after 30 August 1981
Four cases will be selected to be presented in the Best clinical cases - Awards session.
Presenters will be in competition and their presentation evaluated on the following criteria:
- Originality of the case
- Case Management
- Presentation (demonstrating learning points from the case)
- Answers to questions
Results of the competition will be announced on Monday 30 August during the LIVE Programme. Each finalist will receive an Award certificate and a prize - €2,000 for the winner and €1,000 for each runner-up. Each finalist of the Award session will benefit from a free registration to the congress.
Presenters whose clinical case is selected for presentation in the Award session, will receive specific instructions.
Clinical Case Sessions - Presentation Format and Publication of the Cases
Presenting your clinical case during ESC Congress 2021 will allow you to give your work a worldwide long-term exposure and multinational connections with all subspeciality professionals.
- Accepted cases will be featured as PowerPoint Slide presentation on the congress dedicated online platform organised by topics.
- The platform will allow continued discussions during the event, with interaction functionalities such as rating of the presentation, number of views and comments.
- You will be able to participate and follow the conversation on your clinical case throughout the event.
More information on the presentation formats will be sent to the presenters whose case has been accepted after the results announcement.
- During the Digital Event & 2 weeks thereafter, your presentation will be available on the congress platform. All congress delegates will have access to the full content including the interaction features. You will be able to discuss your findings with peers and engage with fellow researchers, potential co-investigators and mentors in your fields.
- They will then be featured on ESC 365 - the world’s largest cardiovascular library with 110,000 users and 4.1 million online views.
- Top-rated cases will be reviewed and selected by the ESC Clinical Case Task Force members to be published on the ESC Clinical Case Gallery. Those clinical cases will be published in their submission format on their related topic gallery. Authors whose case is selected will be contacted accordingly.
European Heart Journal – Case Reports
Four cases amongst the top-rated ones will be published on the European Heart Journal – Case Reports, free of charge. Authors whose case is selected will be contacted accordingly.