1. Michael A. Gerber, Robert S. Baltimore, Charles B. Eaton et al. Prevention of Rheumatic Fever and Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute Streptococcal Pharyngitis. Circulation (2009); 119: 1541-1551.
2. Gilbert Habib, Bruno Hoen, Pilar Tornos et al, for the Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Guidelines on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infective endocarditis (new version 2009). Eur Heart Journal (2009); 30, 2369–2413.
3. A. Vahanian, B. Iung, L. Pierard, R. Dion, and J. Pepper. Chapter 21 Valvular Heart Disease. ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, January 1, 2009.
4. Alec Vahanian, Helmut Baumgartner, Jeroen Bax et al for the Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology. Guidelines on the management of valvular heart disease. Eur Heart Journal (2007); 28: 230–268.
5. Kadriye Orta Kilickesmez, Alev Arat Ozkan, Okay Abaci et al. Serum N-Terminal Brain Natriuretic Peptide Indicates Exercise Induced Augmentation of Pulmonary Artery Pressure in Patients with Mitral Stenosis. Echocardiography (2011);28: 8-14.
6. Brochet E, Détaint D, Fondard O et al. Early hemodynamic changes versus peak values: what is more useful to predict occurrence of dyspnea during stress echocardiography in patients with asymptomatic mitral stenosis? J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2011; 24:392-8.
7. A. John Camm, Paulus Kirchhof, Gregory Y.H. Lip et al. Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation. Eur Heart Journal (2010); 31: 2369–2429.
8. Robert O. Bonow, Blase A. Carabello, Kanu Chatterjee et al. 2008 focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA 2006 guidelines for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Valvular Heart Disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology (2008); 52: e1–142.
9. Luc A Piérard, Patrizio Lancellotti. Stress testing in valve disease. Heart (2007); 93: 766–772.
10. Eugenio Picano, Philippe Pibarot, Patrizio Lancellotti et al. The Emerging Role of Exercise Testing and Stress Echocardiography in Valvular Heart Disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology (2009); 54: 2251–60.
11. Helmut Baumgartner, Judy Hung, Javier Bermejo et al. Echocardiographic assessment of valve stenosis: EAE/ASE recommendations for clinical practice. Eur Journal of Echocardiography (2009) 10; 1–25.