A category of grants awarded to medical graduates at any stage in their career but before obtaining a "permanent", "senior staff" or "consultant" post, or for science graduates with research experience up to Junior Investigator, Lecturer, Assistant Professorship or equivalent level, whose work has been, or is, related to cardiovascular research.
Applications for Research grants are now closed!
Thank you to all applicants
Results will be announced mid-April
Applicants must be under 36 at the day of application deadline.
Any citizen or permanent resident of a country, which is a regular ESC or ESC Affiliated member, can apply. Applicants who have not been ordinarily residents in such country throughout the three years preceding the application date are not eligible. Periods of residence mainly for full time education will not be accepted as ordinary residence for this purpose.
Medical graduates can apply at any stage of their career, provided they have already proved some research potential by publishing in medical journals. Science graduates should hold a PhD or DPhil degree or equivalent or must have submitted a thesis before the grant period commences.
ESC Research Grants are awarded for a period of twelve months.
Read more about rules for ESC Research Grants.
Congratulations to ESC Research Grant Awardees 2012!
|Dr GARCIA Silvia Montoro|
Microparticles in atrial fibrillation: Quantification, functional characteristics and implication for prognosis
- Home institution: Department of Cardiology, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia (Spain)
- Host institution: University of Birmingham Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences (United-Kingdom)
|Ms MAESTRINI Viviana|
Detecting anthracycline cardiotoxicity by measuring diffuse myocardial fibrosis
- Home institution: University of Rome “Sapienza” (Italy)
- Host institution: Heart Hospital Imaging Centre, part of the Centre for Advanced Cardiac Imaging, UCL (United-Kingdom)
|Mr MELI Albano|
Reprogramming of CPVT-patient-specific cells into functional cardiomyocytes - insights into molecular pathology of genetic cardiac diseases
- Home institution: Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University, Brno (Czech Republic)
- Host institution: University of Montpellier I & II, Inserm U1046 / Physiologie et Medecine Experimentale du Coeur et des Muscles (France)
|Dr SHALAN Mohamed Emam Mohamed|
Inflammation and acute coronary syndromes (ACS) – Role of Endothelial Progenitor Cells
- Home institution: Faculty of medicine – Menoufiya University (Egypt)
- Host institution: Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Center - University Hospital of Zurich, Raemistrasse 100 - CH 8091 Zürich (Switzerland)
|Dr PAPAGEORGIOU Nikolaos|
Impact of dietary flavanol intervention on endothelial microparticles and microRNAs in CAD patients
- Home institution: Elpis General Hospital, Athens (Greece)
- Host institution: Division of Cardiology, Pulmonology and Vascular Diseases, University Hospital Duesseldorf (Germany)
|Dr VESCHINI Lorenzo|
Regulation of post-ischemic angiogenesis and reperfusion injury by PHD2 and WNT/beta catenin pathways
- Home institution: Lab of Molecular Oncology and Angiogenesis - VIB Vesalius Research Center - University of Leuven. (Belgium)
- Host institution: Lab of Molecular Oncology and Angiogenesis - VIB Vesalius Research Center - University of Leuven (Belgium)
ESC Research Grant Awardees 2011
| || || |
Last updated : 12 Feb 2013