In order to achieve the above, the committee has recognized the importance
- consulting non-cardiologists involved in the management of acute heart failure (internists, intensive-care specialists, emergency medicine physicians, anesthesiologists, general physicians…).
- building a relationship between different health-care professionals; involved in the management of acute heart failure (nurses, pharmacists, hospital administrators …).
Article of the Month
The Committee's article has been chosen by Prof Arsen Ristic, FESC, from the Belgrade University School Of Medicine in Belgrade, Serbia.
Iron deficiency defined as depleted iron stores accompanied by unmet cellular iron requirements identifies patients at the highest risk of death after an episode of acute heart failure
European Heart Failure (2014) 35, 2468–2476
Ewa A. Jankowska,Monika Kasztura, Mateusz Sokolski, Marek Bronisz, Sylwia Nawrocka, Weronika Oleśkowska-Florek, Robert Zymliński, Jan Biegus, Paweł Siwołowski, Waldemar Banasiak, Stefan D. Anker, Gerasimos Filippatos, John G.F. Cleland, Piotr Ponikowski
|Prof. A Mebazaa, FESC|
|C Mueller ||FESC (Basel, CH) ||G Ambrosio||FESC (Perugia, IT)||B Yilmaz||(Sivas, TR)|
|J Masip||FESC (Barcelona, ES)||J Spinar||FESC (Brno, CZ) ||H Skouri||(Beirut, LB)|
|A Arutyunov||(Moscow, RU)||V P Harjola||FESC (Helsinki, FI)||S Collins||SAEM|
(Des Plaines, US)
|M Banaszewski||FESC (Warsaw, PL)||A Ristic||(Belgrade, RS)|
|S Anker||FESC (Berlin, DE) (ex-officio)|| || |
Mechanical Circulatory Support devices in heart failure - Programme- 27-28 April 2012 Wroclaw, Poland
International consensus on pre-hospital & initial management of acute heart failure - Common standpoints for emergency physicians and cardiologists - 15-16 March 2013 Munich, Germany
- Finalise the position paper on AHF "call for action" of the European Federation of Internal Medicine, the European Society of Emergency Medicine, the European Society of Intensive care Medicine, the primary care physicians WONCA and the Council of Cardiology Practice of the ESC.
- Publish the paper on "Recommendations for admission in CCU and ICU" involving same societies
- Conduct a survey on the impact of devices in the outcome in acute heart failure patients in conjunction with ESICM and European Society of Cardiac Surgeons
- Write a practical recommendation on "organ dysfunction" in acute heart failure in conjunction with ESICM