Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) are the main cause of early death and disability in Europe, accounting each year for the loss of more than 2 million lives and costing the European Union (EU) economy an estimated 192 billion euros. Top level stakeholders and EU and national policymakers are meeting in Brussels to assess current prevention programs and to develop a strategy for Cardiovascular Health.
The one day conference, organised by the European Heart Network and the European Society of Cardiology, is part of Work Package 5 of the EuroHeart Project.
New research will be presented at the conference, which highlights striking differences across different countries in Europe both in terms of national prevention policies and cardiovascular mortality.
- Androulla Vassiliou, EU Commissioner for Health, European Commission
- Peter Hollins, President,European Heart Network (EHN)
- Prof. Lars Ryden, FESC, Chair of the European Heart Health Charter Steering Group, European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- Robert Madelin, Director General, DG SANCO, European Commission
- Dr Nedret Emirog˘lu, Director for Health Programmes, WHO Regional Office for Europe
Venue: Residence Palace, Brussels
This event is COMPLIMENTARY to attend, but with places limited and interest already very high, we advise journalists and participants to apply for a place as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Press information and interviews:
Roberta Bonometti, Conference Press Officer, Tel: + 44 (0) 7770 211 955 - Website