What is cardiovascular disease prevention?
- Introduction, development of the Guidelines, evaluation methods, combining evaluation methods
What is prevention of cardiovascular disease needed?
- Scope of the problem, prevention of cardiovascular disease: a lifelong approach, prevention of cardiovascular desease pays off, ample room for improvement
Who should benefit from it?
- Strategies and risk estimation, genetics, age and gender, psychological risk factors, other biomarkers of risk, imaging methods in CVD prevention, other diseases with increase risk for CVD
How can CVD prevention be used?
- Principles of behavior change, smoking, nutrition, physical activity, management of psychological factors, body weight, blood pressure, treatment targets in patients with type 2 diabetes, lipids, antithrombotics, adherence
Where should programmes be offered?
- CVD in primary care: role of nurses, CVD in general practice, CVD in primary care: role of cardiologists, primary care-based self-help programmes, hopital-based programmes: hopital services, hospital-based programmes: specialized prevention centres, non-governemental organization programmes, action at the European level