What is the grant for ?
The purpose of these grants is to provide resources for the establishment of research links from young scientists from European institutions to hosting institutions in a foreign country within or outside Europe. Each grant will provide funds for one travel to an identified hosting institution and a minimum stay of 10 (ten) calendar days. The aim is to establish more permanent contacts, leading to a fellowship or a research affiliate position for the development of a research project in the area of basic cardiovascular sciences.
A maximum of 10 (ten) grants of 2,500 (two thousand five hundred) Euros each are awarded each calendar year (depending upon funds available)
They will be distributed in 2 (two) calls per year (opened May and October) based on quality of the application
Successful candidates must use their funds within 9 (nine) months
Criteria for eligibility
Candidates should not be older than 35 (thirty-five) years at the time of the application deadline
Candidates must have activity in the area of cardiovascular sciences
Candidates must be members of any of the following:
Please read the disclaimer on Personal Data Privacy before applying.
- Your letter [maximum 2 (two) pages] of motivation including:
- your birth date
- your membership of any of the groups stated in "Criteria for eligibility"
- information on your activity in the area of cardiovascular sciences
- details of your project
- the start and end dates of your period in the host institution
- a statement on how you intend to use the award
- a statement that, if you do not use the grant within 9 months, you will return it to the ESC.
A one-page CV with a publication list
A letter of acceptance by the host institution
A letter of support from your current institution
A written commitment to provide a detailed report on the outcome of the initiative.
Send all the above documents compiled in a SINGLE pdf file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by
15 July January 2015
Also send by post:
the original signed letter of support from your current institution
the original signed letter of acceptance from the host institution
to this address:European Society of Cardiology
The European Heart House
Councils Relations - Specialty Centre
2035 Route des Colles
Les Templiers - BP 179
CS 80179 BIOT
06903 Sophia-Antipolis Cedex
Applications deadline: 15 July 2015
For any queries contact: email@example.com
Personal Data Privacy
The information collected is subject to a computerised process to record, evaluate and track your grant application. The recipients of the data are:
The staff in charge of processing Council grant applications and, where a grant is awarded, the staff in charge of paying the grant monies.
- Persons to whom the request will be sent for review and evaluation.In accordance with the law N°78-17 of January 6, 1978, amended in 2004, relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, you have a right to access and rectify information concerning you, which you can exercise by contacting:
Data Privacy - Customer Services
European Society of Cardiology
2035 Route des Colles
06903 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS. FRANCE
You can also, for legitimate reasons, oppose the processing of data about you.