- First time fee: 500 Euros
- Re-sit fee: 300 Euros
(Please note: these fees apply to members and non-members)
Next exam date: 23 June 2015
EP certification exam in Milan - IT (in English) - during the EHRA EUROPACE - Cardiostim congress in Milan, Italy.
95 seats left
The exam is taking place at:
MiCo Milano Congressi
Piazzale Carlo Magno, 1
20149 Milano, IT
To register, click on the register button below:
Registration is taken under 1st come 1 served basis
Once you have registered, you will receive a first confirmation of your transaction, and few days later, your invoice and further logistical information.
NEW cancellation policy from April 2015 - this policy applies to all June 2015 candidates:
In the event that you wish to cancel your registration to the Certification exam, written confirmation to ESCcertification@escardio.org is required. The EHRA cancellation policy is as detailed below:
- Up to 6 weeks before the exam: 100% refund
- From 6 to 4 weeks: 50% refund
- Within 4 weeks : no refund
- No show: no refund
In case of unforeseen circumstances (such as death in the family, on-call at the hospital, accident of the candidate...), a proof document will be required and you will be refunded the entire registration fee.
If EHRA is to cancel the exam, the full registration fee will be refunded. However, EHRA is not liable for any cost incurred by the cancellation of accommodation and travel arrangements.
Those interested in taking a certification exam will be asked, during the registration process, to provide:
- Copy of their medical diploma (MD) issued by a National Health Authority (sent as pdf document labelled to their name - ie: MD_Name-Surname)
To achieve certification as an EHRA certified electrophysiology specialist (ECES) candidate must complete the 2 levels:
- Level 1: Pass the exam(in English) consisting of multiple choice questions, held during one of EHRA's annual meetings - EHRA EUROPACE or Cardiostim.
- Level 2: Pass the exam and document practical experience: Once the exam is passed a Logbook must be submitted 3 years* after sitting the exam.
*The requirements will change for candidates sitting the exam from 2014. Please see below.
The examination is designed to be completed in 2 consecutive parts 3 hours each, with a 60 minute lunch break:
- 9:00 - 12:00: 1st part
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch break (lunch is provided by EHRA)
- 13:00 - 16:00: 2nd part
EHRA reserves the right to modify the above schedule if required. If traveling after the exam, we strongly recommend candidates to plan for after exam late flights (not before 8:00 pm).
Participants are required to sign in at least 30 minutes before the start of the exam for check-in and to present:
- Their information letter (sent during registration process)
- Identity card/Passport to confirm their identity
After the exam participants will have to hand in all their exam material and sign out.
The questionnaire is compiled by the EHRA Certification Committee, and consists of a 130 multiple-choice questions.
Questions are based on the analysis of practical clinical cases and decision making (60-80%), with the remaining dedicated to theoretical questions.
10 questions out of the 130 are back up questions and are used for internal processes.
There is no appeal procedure after the examination. Candidates who have failed the exam cannot re-sit the exam before a period of time of 11 months.
Exam results are sent by email 2 months after the exam is sat.
Upon successful completion of the exam, candidates will receive an ECES Level 1 Certificate valid for 10 years.
Once candidates have passed the exam (achieving Level 1), they can then apply for Level 2 by proving their practical experience in the field.
For completion of the certification process after having successfully passed the exam:
- Letter of Endorsement from the National Society
- Letter of support from a Supervisor - Template
- The Logbook - EP-List-Procedure
Candidates must submit their logbook through the e-Logbook platform. Access to the e-Logbook is granted to the candidate upon passing the exam only.
As a security, candidates must keep a copy of their logbook.
Content of the Logbook
Candidates have to perform:
- 200 procedures - at least 100 should be ablation procedures
Experience should be gathered over 3 consecutive years - from 3 years before up to 3 years after sitting the exam.
This means that candidates can start compiling their logbook before sitting the exam if they wish. Moreover, they are allowed to submit it until the 31 December of 3 years after the exam (if the exam is the 6 June 2013, the logbook can be submitted until 31 December 2016).
The logbook must be sent as an e-Logbook. Access to the e-logbook platform is granted to the candidate only after having successfully passed the written exam.
A grader from the EHRA certification committee will grade the logbook. The review process should take around 2 months. The final results are sent by email.
Upon successful completion of the logbook process, candidates will receive an ECDS Level 2 Certificate valid for 10 years.
For candidates sitting exams from 2014:
The following items have to be performed within a period of 24 consecutive months - these 24 months can be taken any time from 2 years before up to 2 years after the date of the exam:
- 100 diagnostic EP studies (standalone or prior to ablation)
- 100 catheter ablations as first operator. These must consist of
- 50 standard ablation including His bundle - max 5
- AVNRT - min 15, max 25
- AVRT - min 15, max 25
- RA atrial tachycardias - min 5, max 10
- cavo-tricuspid atrial flutter - min10, max 25
- idiopathic RVOT VT - min 5, max 10
- 50 complex ablation at least 30 of which are atrial fibrillation ablation - including transseptal puncture.
How to prepare for the examination
EHRA offers the possibility to follow Educational Courses. Attending the courses may also enable participants to get further knowledge to sit and pass the certification examination.
Download a copy of the Core Curriculum.
To view samples of exam questions, please see:
EP Sample Questions.
For any information on the EHRA Certification examinations, please Contact Us.