pre arranged programme: session types
Mobile App Interactive Voting – HFA Focus
Discussions around practical cases by the experts who will call upon the audience in regards to the management of the case. These sessions will be concluded by recommendations based on new ESC Guidelines on the diagnosis & treatment of heart failure.
The audience has the opportunity to vote and ask questions directly via the Heart Failure Mobile Application during these highly interactive sessions!
Daily practice oriented sessions: speakers will give educational presentations to be followed by intense discussions.
Provide practical, informative material and have a great educational value. Sessions focused on demonstration of techniques and practices by experts.
Ninety-minute long sessions in which renowned experts present state of the art reviews on all aspects of heart failure with special time allocated for panel discussions to assure the interaction with the audience.
- What’s new in Industry: Industry representatives are given an opportunity to present their innovations and research currently under development or products in pipeline. Each presentation is followed by a discussion and questions from the audience are encouraged.
- Late Breaking Science: presenters will share the very latest results of their research. The presentations will be concluded by a review from an expert. Be there to hear about the latest developments in heart failure
- Journal sessions: organised with the European Journal of Heart Failure, the traditional “Best of EHJ-EJHF” session provides the audience with an opportunity to review the best papers published throughout the year.
- Heart Failure 2017 Highlights: Experts summarise the best findings of the congress, in short presentations by topic. Attend this session to get an overview of the entire congress
pre-arranged programme: categories
World Congress on Acute Heart Failure
A complete programme featuring symposia, debates, educational sessions, late breaking trial and abstract sessions. You'll find this offer under the category "World Congress on Acute Heart Failure".
In order to address specific topics directly with the experts, we are co-organising Joint Sessions with International, European and Local Associations. These sessions help to strengthen collaboration between the HFA and our partners in the field.
Basic & Translational Science
The Heart Failure congress offers a complete offer for Basic Scientists, with a number of pre-arranged sessions with experts and a rich abstract-based programme with state of the art research in the field.
Heart Failure will once again develop a series of sessions destined to a local audience organised in collaboration with the local institutions and experts.
Young Investigator Award (YIA) sessions
A competition designed for abstract submitters / presenters 35 years old or under.
Finalists will receive a free registration to come to Paris to present their research. They will be judged by a panel of experts who will determine a First Prize Winner (€1 000 prize) and two Runners-Up (€250 prize each).
Nursing Investigator Award (NIA) session
A competition designed to recognise significant contributions from investigators in the field of cardiovascular nursing.
Finalists will receive a free registration to come to Paris and present their research. They will be judged by a panel of experts who will determine a First Prize Winner (€1 000 prize) and two Runners-Up (€250 prize each).
YIA and NIA Awards will be presented during the Award Ceremony.
Rapid fire sessions
Fast-paced and interactive oral presentations on research highlights, followed by discussions animated by two experts shairing the session!
Moderated Poster sessions
Presenters will highlight key points of their research and answer questions from two moderators in front of an audience during official coffee breaks.
During the day-long sessions, presenters are given the opportunity to display their research highlights and interact with their peers during breaks. Poster sessions are a very popular platform where our community truly comes together to network and exchange.
Be ready to submit your abstract: submissions will open on 3 November 2016.
- Clinical Case Corner : presenters selected will display their cases in this dedicated zone in the Poster Area
- Clinical Forum: Late Breaking trials, Clinical trials, Late Breaking Research for Clinical & Basic Science…
Clinical case sessions
Sharing challenging clinical cases to learn and exchange!
Coordinated by the Heart failure specialists Of Tomorrow of the HFA (HOT), these sessions will open the floor for discussion on clinical case management – take this opportunity to share your opinion!
Case submissions will open on 23 January 2017; prepare your case to feature in the programme!