ESC Basic Research Fellowship
The next call for the fellowship will be made in October 2013.
Applications will be accepted from 1 October to 10 December 2013.
Prepare your application and increase your chance of obtaining the fellowship - see details below.
What is the grant for ?
The ESC Basic Research Fellowship is designed to allow a researcher to spend one year in a European research laboratory. One fellowship per year of 25,000 Euros will be awarded to the successful candidate. The laboratory and topic are chosen by the candidate.
This fellowship is open to candidates of all nationalities.
- 1 fellowship of 25,000 Euros is awarded per calendar year
- candidates accept to be interviewed via Skype
- awardees accept to present their work related to the fellowship at the next basic science meeting "Frontiers in CardioVascular Biology"
Criteria for eligibility
- Candidates should not be older than 35 years at the time of the application deadline
- Candidates must have activity in the area of cardiovascular sciences
- Candidates agree to apply for free membership of one of the following ESC Working Groups:
To apply please send:
- Your letter [maximum 2 (two) pages] of motivation including:
- your birth date
- your membership of any of the groups stated in "Criteria for eligibility"
- information on your activity in the area of cardiovascular sciences
- details of your project
- a statement on how you intend to use the award
- a statement that, if you do not use the grant within 9 months, you will return it to the ESC.
- A one-page CV with a publication list
- A letter of acceptance by the host institution
- A letter of support from your current institution
- A written commitment to present your work related to the fellowship at the next scientific meeting "Frontiers in CardioVascular Biology".
Send your application before 10 December 2013
Send all the above documents compiled in a SINGLE pdf file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 December 2013
You must also send the documents with original signatures, by post, to this address:
European Society of Cardiology
The European Heart House
Councils Relations - Specialty Centre
2035 Route des Colles
Les Templiers - BP 179
06903 Sophia-Antipolis Cedex
For any queries contact: email@example.com